Welcome to the website of the Southwick (Sussex) Society
The Society is active in the following fields:
- Running the Manor Cottage Heritage Centre
- Campaigning on local issues
- Commenting upon planning matters affecting the local area
- Running talks, exhibitions and meetings on matters of interest to those living or working in the Southwick area
- Publishing local history books and "Wickerwork" - a regular newsletter updating members on activities and local matters of interest
The Manor Cottage is located at 16/18 Southwick Street, BN42 4TE, just north of Southwick Square on the eastern side of the road and is open every Saturday morning from mid May to mid September. Exhibitions are frequently held in the Cottage and entrance is free. The Cottage has a shop selling local history books, pamphlets and souvenir items.
Talks are held on the second Monday of every month from September to April at the Southwick Community Centre starting at 7.30pm.